Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries
(10-23-2017, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If a running back thinks the runners should have more carries what does that lead you to think he is saying about the passing?

Put yourself in Andy's shoes. If a rookie RB says we should have ran the ball more after a loss; how would it make you feel?

Not slamming Andy for his play yesterday, just bringing up a dynamic not mentioned; perhaps, Marvin was standing up for his QB when he dismissed Mixon's comments........

Well, I guess it could be......but I think, league wide, if you can succeed on the ground, it opens up so much of your playbook, and so many possibilities as to what you can do with it.

Dalton had a great first half, the whole offense did, really.  Then the second half looked like a different team, which is so common under Lewis.  I think Dalton's wheelhouse is the 20-25 attempts per game with a solid run performance.  If I'm him, I might be inclined to agree with the kid.  Defenses don't respect our run game, for good reason, when that's the case, they blanket our receivers.  Until we establish a run identity, it will continue this way.  I don't know who's fault it was the 2nd half that we quit running, but it wasn't a very sound philosophy.  I thought Lazor called a brilliant 1st half, with Dalton making some good presnap reads.....as did Romo.  Then, we didn't.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-23-2017, 04:55 PM