Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries
(10-23-2017, 05:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was all for Benson saying it.  That's what I expect from a guy who wants to be a bell cow.

I'd say it depends on ypur situation.  Troy Aikman probably had no qualms about handing the ball to Emmitt Smith.  When you have an Adrian Peterson....do you chuck the ball out of spite?  No.  Not saying Mixon is the next AP, but maybe in his mind, he is.  That's the mindset I'd want from my back. Then again, I tend to be a team first kinda guy.

If you're upset that a rookie doesn't know his place, I can understand that.  However....with the tweets from Gio and Dunlap this offseason, and the near mutiny over Zampese, I don't get the sense that the players are trying to get 14 benched. That's just me....

Any good leader has a team first mindset. A proper balance is beneficial to an offense...especially one with a terrible line. 

Again, I'm not sure why Andy would be upset with the RB wanting balance. Balance led to more points and more passes in the first half.

I wonder if Ben is pissed that Bell got 35 carries yesterday, while Ben only passed 24 times?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Shake n Blake - 10-23-2017, 05:46 PM