Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries
(10-23-2017, 04:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ,
Running more doesn't necessarily mean we'd pass less. The proof is in the game we just watched.

1st half: Dalton passed 18 times while our RB's ran 11 times
2nd half: Dalton passed 12 times while our RB's ran 3 times

A good mix of run and pass often leads to more sustained drives, which gives the QB more chances to throw the ball. 

Why would Andy be upset about that?
Part of the problem in the second half was the sacks or incompletions on first down made it hard to run on second. 

Pitt had a reason to believe that it could get 4+ yards every carry. A few times it was stuffed but they had a lot of 4 yard carries and a bunch of 8-10 yard carries. Bengals have a lot of 1 yard carries. Mixons yards came off a few big runs. A couple based solely on his effort. I think it's hard to commit to running on second and ten because Bengals are completely useless on third and ten. 

I thought having him and Gio in the backfield together could allow them to throw more to the bucks but they seemed to prefer having them stay in to block.  I think it would be hard for a D to account for Mixon and Gio coming out of the backfield. 

I think having a true fullback would help. First contact is always stay the line of scrimmage 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - CanadianBengal - 10-23-2017, 08:29 PM