Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niger, Chad, Benghazi
Rachel under Fox fire now.

'Get Your Facts Straight': Michael Waltz Calls Out Maddow for 'Ridiculous' Theory on Niger Attack

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/23/michael-waltz-calls-out-rachel-maddow-ridiculous-theory-niger-attack

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow has been criticized for a segment on her show last week in which she tried to tie the deaths of four American soldiers in Niger to President Donald Trump's travel ban.

Her central argument was that Trump’s addition of Chad in his latest travel ban prompted the country to remove its troops from Niger, leading to an increase in extremist attacks and further endangering U.S. soldiers.

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Lt. Col. Michael Waltz (Ret.), who served in Niger in 2014, said that Maddow's theory is "ridiculous."

He explained that Chad was helping fight Boko Haram in southeastern Niger and the northern part of Nigeria, which is hundreds of miles away from western Niger, where the deadly ambush occurred.

"She just kind of drew this spurious thread there that I think frankly as a journalist is ridiculous," Waltz said. "Most Americans are just wrapping their minds around what we're doing there. And I just think it draws this falls line that doesn't exist."

"Get your facts straight," he added. "That was a completely different area, a completely different mission."

As for claims by some on the left that this is "Trump's Benghazi," Waltz said he doesn't see the scandal here.

He pointed out that after the 2012 Benghazi terror attack that left four Americans dead, there were allegations about a "cover-up," as several  U.S. officials initially suggested it was instigated by an anti-Muslim video.

"I don't think you draw the line to Benghazi at all," he said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Niger, Chad, Benghazi - Dill - 10-19-2017, 10:46 PM
RE: Niger, Chad, Benghazi - Dill - 10-24-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: Niger, Chad, Benghazi - Belsnickel - 10-24-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: Niger, Chad, Benghazi - Dill - 10-24-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Niger, Chad, Benghazi - Belsnickel - 10-24-2017, 03:28 PM
RE: Niger, Chad, Benghazi - Bengalzona - 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM