Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher punished for using the T word
(10-24-2017, 11:23 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't even think that drug trafficking should be a criminal offense (at least the kind of drug that he was dealing), so that's not how I'm moving with this.  I don't really think that he should be referring to either of them as a thug, because neither of them fit the classical description.  That's not the case though.

If you don't think drug traffickers are thugs then you have zero idea how trafficking is done.

Quote:I could be wrong, but it seems that skin color is the determining factor for him. If not, why call the black guy a thug, but not the white guy?  Especially when the black guy is a seemingly upstanding citizen, and the white guy has a detailed criminal record.  I don't really see what the justification for the word use is.

Thug is not a racist term.  If used exclusively, by a certain person, to label a certain ethnicity then it's being used in a racist way.  This still does not make the term racist, intent is the real determinant.  The far left is making the term "racist" irrelevant because they use it to label any argument or statement they disagree with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher punished for using the T word - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-24-2017, 11:32 AM