Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion for undocumented teen? Pro-life gov official thinks not
(10-24-2017, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure of the point of this post. It is Texas State Law that a minor requires parental consent for an abortion and the 10th covers state rights. So I ask again:

Isn't the cliff notes of this that the teen should not have to follow the State laws because she is not a citizen?

If yes, say yes, if no say no. If no is the answer please explain the issue without saying "it's creepy" and posting a bunch of words. 

And I wasn't sure of the point of your Cliff Notes post.

I posted this note because it describes a confluence of events which allowed a pro-lifer to legally (in the short term) use his office to impose his "family values" on total stranger in his custody. That is what I find creepy.

The bunch of words I posted amount to the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution and a supreme court case which establish a woman's right to choose--federal law trumps state law, has trumped it in this case.

There are no parents in this case--just a pro-lifer doing his best to impose his values on someone else.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortion for undocumented teen? Pro-life gov official thinks not - Dill - 10-25-2017, 12:42 AM