Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher punished for using the T word
(10-24-2017, 11:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: The far left is.

But is there a problem with the vast majority (not "far left") calling something racist when the intent is racist like in the example above?

The problem lies in labeling everything racist, thereby cheapening the term/accusation and causing people to ignore the accusation entirely based on having heard it ad naseum.  If people want to address this, then call out the legions of ******** overusing the term by slapping the label on everyone who has an opinion they don't like.

(10-24-2017, 03:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Do I think that the word is racist by classic definition? Of course not, and I don't think you'll find anyone arguing that it is.

Sure you will, but point taken.  

Quote:Do I think that the word is racist by usage?  Yes, I do. I don't really see why people are arguing against that statement.

By some people, sure.  Not by anything approaching a majority of people though.

Quote:This isn't a word that got SJW'd.  This is a word that is exclusively used to speak negatively of non-white people.  It is the polite (or chickenshit) way of saying "******".  When you hear someone talking about thugs ruining a neighborhood, or thugs committing various crimes, it is highly unlikely that they are referring to someone with pale skin.  You say that "If used exclusively, by a certain person, to label a certain ethnicity then it's being used in a racist way".  Well, this is its most common usage now.  How many people have to use it in this way for others to take notice of what is actually being said?

Utter horseshit.  It's used, the vast majority of the times it is used, to describe a criminally oriented POS.  People don't care about the skin melanin content of the criminal dickheads ruining their neighborhoods, they care about their criminal conduct.  

Quote:Words evolve.  They are shaped by the context surrounding their use.  Unfortunately, the evolution of the word "Thug" is pointing toward it being a racist term.

They sure do.  The word racist used to mean someone who judged/disliked someone based on their ethnicity.  Now it means white people who dislike other ethnicities and use their societal advantages to oppress them.  Remember, words evolve and only white people can be racist now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher punished for using the T word - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-25-2017, 01:21 AM