Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years...
(10-25-2017, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think most of us are surprised, Pistons.

Outside of a small handful of homerific predictions, I saw mostly guys saying we'd win 6-7 games all off-season.

I don't think we're losing because the entire roster is bad. That's where you and I differ. It's just that this o-line is so epically bad that it completely cripples the offense. Yeah the defense was bad against the Steelers, but that was a typical Marvin choke job special. I do think this is still a top 10 defense at the end of the year.

If we had a competent o-line (not even great, just competent) I still think we'd have a 10 win team. Would they still lose in the first round? You betcha, but the talent is still there outside of o-line and maybe receivers.

There is talent on this team, to be sure.  I see us as being the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL:  We have a business model that caps our level of success, but occasionally enough things go right that we make it into the playoffs where we are dismantled by teams that are designed to go the distance.  Winning a SB with this business model would take an amount of talent we haven't been lucky enough to assemble. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years... - Nately120 - 10-25-2017, 10:25 AM