Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teacher punished for using the T word
(10-25-2017, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: I believe I said (and I'm sure you will correct me if I didn't) that there are some that do overuse the word racist.  As far as immigration the current POTUS does seem to have a problem with people from certain countries over others.  The citizens of those countries tend to be of darker skin.  He has also made disparaging remarks about entire races (Mexicans) even when they were born in the US (the judge in one of his many court cases).

So I won't claim otherwise.  I will say that using the worst as an example to paint most is unlike what you usually ask for,

I only wish it was the "worst" example.  If it was you'd have a point.  Immigration law is much older than the Trump administration, and accusations of racism in said laws enforcement is also much older.  Everyone reading this but you knows exactly what i'm talking about and they also know such accusations are far from the extreme.  lastly, Mexican is a nationality, not a ethnicity.

Quote:So this quote:

Is NOT hyperbole? I've said it before and I'll say it again:  If someone denies that the word "thug" is being used racially they either live in a bubble or are lying.  Maybe I just read more.

Uh, no, it isn't.  Again, I have to question your understanding of the word.  I certainly made my statement using strenuous language, the point itself is not hyperbole.  On the contrary, suggesting that the majority of the time the word "thug" is used it is being used as code for the N word, that would be hyperbole.

Quote:Well it was in response to this quote:

If that change from "someone" to "white people" doesn't imply that people other than white people were once considered racist but now they are not then there needs to be a better explanation of that sentence.

Except what I said is entirely true.  There is a not insignificant number of people who claim that racism is now defined as societal structure set up to disadvantage a minority population.  Hence, only white people can be racist.  This is hardly a new statement and I don't believe for a second that you haven't encountered this.  Claiming otherwise would shed severe doubt on your level of credibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher punished for using the T word - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-25-2017, 12:00 PM