Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin speaks out on Mixons request for carries...
(10-25-2017, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think this team needs a new HC, but what did Marvin say that was so nonsensical?

Mixon, for all intents and purposes, said "I don't know why, when I ran well in the first half, I don't get a single carry in the second half. This seems like a bad use of your talented players. We want to win, right?"

And Marvin's response was, basically, "We're not going to run the ball when we're down 15 points, rookie. Shut your stupid mouth."

Which was entirely missing the point of what Mixon was trying to convey. He's 100% right that it makes no sense that you would sit the hot hand.

They were only down 6 points going into half time, so it's not like they started the half down 15 points. And even when you're behind you have to run occasionally! 15 points down is not so back breaking that you should abandon the run completely. And down 6 points is definitely nowhere near "abandon the run" territory.

His response was a non-answer. A condescending "know your place" response rather than a proper address of the words/sentiments Mixon conveyed.

Basically, the worst response possible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin speaks out on Mixons request for carries... - CJD - 10-25-2017, 12:12 PM