Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kelly, another Trump Tool!
(10-25-2017, 11:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have an interesting question for you, maybe you'll actually give it some thought and answer.  Why haven't we heard about Trump's calls to the families of the other slain soldiers?

Good question.  Because leaked emails indicate the White House went into damage control after Trump decided to shift blame onto his predecessors when asked why he hadn't addressed the Niger attack and subsequently claimed he had called all the Gold Star families or virtually all.  The White House contacted the Pentagon to get a list of the fallen service members so they could retroactively contact their families.  The AP contacted 20 of the families, 10 hadn't been contacted in any form by Trump.  Letters have been sent out post marked after more of Trump's inaccurate claims.  It has also been determined Trump promised one Gold Star family $25,000 months ago.  Trump eventually did issue the check this week the same day The Washington Post reported the family was still waiting for Trump to make good on his promise.  Which, if you remember, is exactly what happen when Trump held a rally and promised the proceeds would go to veterans. Months later and after more digging by The Washington Post to determine Trump didn't keep his word, Trump eventually issued a check.  But, only after it was publicly revealed he hadn't kept his word.  It should also be noted that Trump didn't call the widow of the family we are hearing from until after he made his spurious claims.  Both the widow and the family have corroborated the Congresswoman's claims.  Even Kelly, in his defense of Trump, confirmed Trump said what Trump denies he said.  And if Trump has proof like he claims, where the f is it?  Probably locked up in Trump safe with Obama's birth certificate.

Quote:Interesting then that you would be silent while others did exactly that.

I believe my point was the attacks aren't as dissimilar as some would like to portray so that no comparison can even be made between a terrorist raid and a terrorist ambush.

Quote:I believe his point, as mine, is that the situation are so dissimilar as to make any comparisons useless.  As everyone continues to miss this obvious point I'll actually state it.  The reaction to Benghazi, right or wrong, partisan or not, was fueled by the administrations failure to prepare for a more likely than usual attack and then a lack of credible response to the attack while it was ongoing.  I know you're going to mess this up and claim that I'm making these statements as gospel truth.  I'm merely pointing out where the outrage, faux or otherwise, about Benghazi is fueled.

How did the Trump administration prepare for the attack in Niger?  What was their response while it was ongoing?

So the Trump administration gets kudos for his hands off approach and his proposed budget cuts funding for embassy security, while the Obama administration is accused of hands on micromanaging while approving increased spending for embassy security?

Messages In This Thread
Kelly, another Trump Tool! - ballsofsteel - 10-24-2017, 05:47 AM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - GMDino - 10-24-2017, 11:34 AM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - bfine32 - 10-24-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - GMDino - 10-24-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - GMDino - 10-24-2017, 10:26 PM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - GMDino - 10-24-2017, 10:50 PM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - GMDino - 10-25-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - GMDino - 10-25-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-25-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - bfine32 - 10-25-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: Kelly, another Trump Tool! - bfine32 - 10-25-2017, 09:40 AM