Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years...
(10-25-2017, 09:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Coles was 32 and you could see he was losing his speed. The year before with the Jets he was targeted 120 times and had only 70 receptions for 850 yards.

Houshmandzadeh had 92 receptions and 904 yards the season before for us. Plus, you know he worked in the offense.

A day after losing Houshmandzadeh we signed Coles to a 4 year $28 million deal. Housh signed with Seattle for 5 years and $40 million.

Housh was still good. Coles was at the end of his career.

I will say the Bengals do spend money on wide receivers. Too bad they don't have the same initiative with offensive line. 

Yeah they do, and years ago on the boards I remember talking about how teams that spend big bucks on a WR rarely win championships. Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald. So many of these guys put up big stats and get paid, but the team success just isn't there. Just makes me wonder if spending $15 million/year on AJ Green is truly a sound strategy. I'm sure I'll get killed for that, but whatev.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years... - Shake n Blake - 10-25-2017, 10:53 PM