Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years...
(10-25-2017, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think most of us are surprised, Pistons.

Outside of a small handful of homerific predictions, I saw mostly guys saying we'd win 6-7 games all off-season.

I don't think we're losing because the entire roster is bad. That's where you and I differ. It's just that this o-line is so epically bad that it completely cripples the offense. Yeah the defense was bad against the Steelers, but that was a typical Marvin choke job special. I do think this is still a top 10 defense at the end of the year.

If we had a competent o-line (not even great, just competent) I still think we'd have a 10 win team. Would they still lose in the first round? You betcha, but the talent is still there outside of o-line and maybe receivers.

Oh...I don't think the entire roster is bad. I think with a good offensive line we could get by with the other deficiencies we have.

We're about as far from a good offensive line as you could be though. They'll likely throw draft picks at it.

With a good line, we could run the ball which would lead to better clock control. We haven't done that in years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: WHY are you surprised? Most of our core left in free agency over the past 2 years... - THE PISTONS - 10-25-2017, 10:59 PM