Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Bad Is It If Colts Win ???
(10-26-2017, 10:49 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I really think this is his last year. I don't see him getting an extension. You can tell he's had enough of this in the way he's doing press conferences now. I'm just hoping that we get someone proven at least at the college level as a HC and not just a coordinator. I like Guenther, but I don't know how well he would be as a HC. He might be like a Hue Jackson, good coordinator but bad coach, or he could be like a Zimmer. I just don't want to roll the dice on it when we know Brown will give extension after extension for poor to slightly above average performances.

I wouldn't hate a college coach, but there are some really fantastic options that are coordinators right now. I get the argument for a college coach. They're in charge of everything. That said, being in charge of everything at the college level is nothing like the pro's or in particular how the Bengals are run. It's a world of difference. I could also argue that coordinators usually have more experience at the NFL level and often have head coaching experience at some level.

Plus Marvin himself was a coordinator when we hired him, and he adapted to Mike quite easily. If the choice came down to James Franklin (Penn State) and Matt LaFleur (Rams OC), I'm taking LaFleur. Wouldn't hate a Franklin hire at all, but I view LaFleur as a superior HC candidate. 

TL;DR- I just look at the candidate. Whether they are a college coach or not is mostly irrelevant to me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How Bad Is It If Colts Win ??? - kevin - 10-26-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: How Bad Is It If Colts Win ??? - Shake n Blake - 10-26-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: How Bad Is It If Colts Win ??? - kevin - 10-26-2017, 05:42 PM