Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Trumpism the new GOP mainstream?
(10-26-2017, 11:04 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: When are people going to realize that it's not Trump or "Trumpism" as the OP puts it. No, it's Democrats and Republicans that are the problem and the same, tired rhetoric they trot out with the same tired people calling the majority of Americans stupid, racist, mysogenists, homophobes, communists, nazi, lazy and every other name or insult.

I know Christians voted for Trump to keep the Supreme Court center right and they voted for Pence, not Trump. I don't know about the rest of those who voted for him or why. I voted for Castle though and I did not want Trump to win, I don't like Trump at all.

All I know is that people voted for Trump because Hillary, that's it. The people who voted for him are willing to hold their nose for 4 to 8 years, keep the Supreme Court center right and then get a real leader in there after Trump. Hillary scared so many people, she's very shady and people just didn't trust her at all.

My opinion.

We had a good thread about this 2 weeks ago or so, but the consensus was Trump is just the right guy at the right time to echo this sentiment. It's certainly not an entirely "conservative" movement. 

But being the figurehead still means this quasi conservative populism gets named after him: Trumpism. The point of Matt's thread and his question remain relevant: what's the conservative response to a not so conservative movement? 

Based on your response, I ask is it just anti establishment or anti-liberal, or is it both? Seems more like a coalition based on your response. Some people do not trust anything establishment, so any populist voice gets their vote (Bernie?). Some people do not want anything Democratic/Liberal, so anyone running as a Republican, no matter their views, gets their vote. Some are both.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Trumpism the new GOP mainstream? - BmorePat87 - 10-26-2017, 11:10 AM