Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If only there were some way to project that Ced would struggle in the Pros...
(10-26-2017, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was projected as a 1st or 2nd round pick by most all "experts". We weren't the only people who though the could overcome the issues. Had we taken him in the 2nd and Fisher in the 1st does that make it better? The reality is you expect guys drafted in the first couple rounds to eventually perform and they haven't.

To the "project that he would struggle" thing, every draft breakdown mentions negatives that give the scouts an out if they don't work out. There is never a clean prospect so this is kind of hindsight thing versus any way to really project if something would continue to be an issue into the pros. 

Agreed. I'll admit I didn't necessarily hate either pick at the time, but I was a little peeved we took two offensive lineman early in that draft. The fact that they have been shit for us sucks but it's really the luck of the draw. Both were unanimously perceived as top offensive linemen in that draft. With Whitworth getting old and Smith seeming like he was going move on soon the picks actually made sense... They've just been a complete failure. Unfortunately. it happens.

(10-26-2017, 12:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This is all on Paul Alexander.

No doubt he was responsible for scouting and picking both of Fisher and Og and he missed on their potential and has not coached them up.

No other NFL team would even consider keeping Marv or Alexander given their record.

No major college team would keep Marv or Alexander given their record.

Only the Bengal management accepts this level of pathetic talent analysis and coaching.

Agree with this as well. If there's one thing our dips*** trio of MB, PA, and ML all have in common it's their pigheaded stubbornness. Not a single one of them can ever or will ever admit that they're wrong. 

I'm not sure how likely it is but it very well may kill PA to admit he f***ed up with Ogbeuhi, Fisher and Bodine. Marv doesn't have the ballz to do anything about PA's horrific decisions and Mike is too busy sitting in his office with his thumb up his @$$ to fire any of his incompetent employees.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If only there were some way to project that Ced would struggle in the Pros... - Pat5775 - 10-26-2017, 12:23 PM