Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eventually we will win a playoff game
(10-26-2017, 11:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree with you, but I think a lot of Bengals fans have been beaten down so long that they lowered the bar to thinking a playoff win is some mythical achievement.

Heck...5 playoff appearances in a row without a win had some fans talking about how other teams were copying our model for success!

I mean, it kinda would be a mythical achievement for this team. I'm not going to lie, I'd be ecstatic if the Bengals won a playoff game, and I think most would. Not because I think it's some massive achievement by normal NFL standards, but because it's a giant monkey on this team's back. Think Steve Young in Super Bowl XXIX:

Sure, Young's monkey was a greater achievement, but not winning a playoff game is without a doubt THE monkey for Marvin Lewis, this core of players, the last core of players, Mike Brown and the entire fan base.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eventually we will win a playoff game - Shake n Blake - 10-26-2017, 12:55 PM