Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enviromental Pollution Agency
(08-16-2015, 11:17 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I think the difference to me is simple:

Conservative ideals are way better...it's the politicians that "represent" that side who suck.

Liberals ideals suck...and so do their politicians. 

Here is the difference to me.

Liberal ideas are based on reality.  My argument in favor of a strong government regulation is based on what really happened in our history and what is really happening in countries across the world right now.  The conservatives claims that weak regulation won't lead directly to exploitation of labor and destruction of the environment are based on fantasies that have no basis in history or current reality.

The conservatives theory that if the poor suffered more they would just work harder and rise out of poverty also ignores reality.  The fact is that no matter how hard all of the poor work there will always be a large position of the labor force employed at poverty level wages.  There simply are not millions of well paying jobs sitting empty just waiting for people that work harder.  Corporations in America are reaping record profits. They will not close up if they have to pay higher wages to the lowest level employees.  The rich have been getting richer for 30 years while the wages for the poor and middle class have remained stagnate.  Something has to be done to put a stop to this trend.

Finally the government spends billions more in aid to corporations that it does in aid to the poor.  Half of our budget goes to the military and we contract out a major portion of our military spending to private corporations.  The government also handed out $700 billion to millionaires to help save the private market finance industry in 2008.  Corporate loopholes in the tax code have allowed many top corporations with billions in profit to pay zero taxes.  U.S. Corporations pay a lower percentage of all income taxes than at any time in our history.  All of this corporate welfare costs the taxpayers much more than poor.  But the Republican party have done a great job demonizing the poor to create a smoke screen for what they are handing out to corporations. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-10-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-10-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-10-2015, 03:53 PM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-11-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-12-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-12-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-14-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - GMDino - 08-13-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: Enviromental Pollution Agency - fredtoast - 08-17-2015, 12:26 PM