Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Trumpism the new GOP mainstream?
(10-26-2017, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I don't see this "movement" as going toward "Trumpism", as much as I see it as anti-progressiveism.  

Pretty much how I see it.  Like 80% of the population pulls the lever dutifully for WHOEVER is on the ticket.  Trump pulled enough of those to the polls, and grabbed just enough anti-Hillary votes to push over the top.  But he actually only got a little over 2M more votes than Romney, while Hillary got almost 400k more than Obama in 2012.  Personally, it just doesn't make much sense to me that the "white supremacist" bloc stayed home in 2012 but then came out in droves for Trump.

Easy to make sweeping generalizations based on crowds and rallies, but we're talking a small percentage of voters.  On either side of the aisle, it's not hard to find 40k brain dead idiots to fill a stadium. I'll never understand why people go to campaign rallies, anyway.

Plenty of people complained about Trump even getting the nomination (which remains more surprising to me than Trump winning the general), but less than half of Repub voters vote in primaries and Trump got less than half of that.  
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Trumpism the new GOP mainstream? - JustWinBaby - 10-27-2017, 01:37 AM