Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want the old Carlos Dunlap back...
(10-26-2017, 03:31 PM)eoxyod Wrote: He's still very disruptive, and disruption = production

100%

(10-27-2017, 08:48 AM)sonofstat Wrote: erm...this was a thread about Dunlap and his play/production.    

There have been a million and one threads on Mike Brown and the OLine and I never mentioned AJ Green.  He is playing at his great level same as he always has.

Dunlap has not to date and I was interested to hear thoughts  - he's played great before and has held up the pass rush when the defense was not playing well and others like MJ, Gilberry, Margus Hunt were no real help...

...so this year when the rest of the pass rush had been really good and potentially breaks our club sack record our leading pass rusher is currently on pace for his worse stats season - just thought that was an anomaly and wondered why  - maybe the fatigue you mention is the factor.

Apologies, but that is 100% false.

Just using last week as an example.

For the 90th time, the first three drives last week, he was getting consistent pressure, almost had a strip sack and bullrushed the new guy (Hammond?) into 'berger a couple of times.

Then the holds started happening, weren't getting called and Dunlap suddenly, "disappeared."

I have never in my life, seen a pass rusher get so many, "close to," sacks in my life; if even half of his "close to," sacks actually finished, he'd have 25 a year, every year.

That to me tells me that he's always been and always will be (until something inveitably happens), an unstoppable force on the pass rush.

Plus, his run game work is still best on the line, by far, has been for at least 5 years.

I chalk up this year thus far, simply to fluke, luck, circumstance.

Hopefully this Sunday, he can have a couple. Would be awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I want the old Carlos Dunlap back... - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-27-2017, 09:19 AM