Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want the old Carlos Dunlap back...
(10-27-2017, 09:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 100%

Apologies, but that is 100% false.

Just using last week as an example.

For the 90th time, the first three drives last week, he was getting consistent pressure, almost had a strip sack and bullrushed the new guy (Hammond?) into 'berger a couple of times.

Then the holds started happening, weren't getting called and Dunlap suddenly, "disappeared."

I have never in my life, seen a pass rusher get so many, "close to," sacks in my life; if even half of his "close to," sacks actually finished, he'd have 25 a year, every year.

That to me tells me that he's always been and always will be (until something inveitably happens), an unstoppable force on the pass rush.

Plus, his run game work is still best on the line, by far, has been for at least 5 years.

I chalk up this year thus far, simply to fluke, luck, circumstance.

Hopefully this Sunday, he can have a couple. Would be awesome.

The first couple of games I saw a bit of that where he definitely was getting pressure but not closing it out.

I don't subscribe to PFF or anything like that so don't see the pressures  - I only see the NFL stats which show sacks and pass defensed.  If his pass pressures are up high then you may be right.

Agreed re: Sunday... with a porous Colts line its as good a time as any to turn pressure into sacks...heck why not throw in an INT TD return !! Tongue
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I want the old Carlos Dunlap back... - sonofstat - 10-27-2017, 12:37 PM