Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
Let's say for the sake of this discussion, Merv retires and Alexander is thanked for his service but not re-signed. Then one of the coaches currently on our coaching staff ends up becoming the new HC (even after MB interviews outside candidates).

Regardless of who else the new HC brings back (assuming no Paul Alexander, of course), which of our illustrious coaching staff would you at least give a chance before you give up on the team?

For me, if they do end up hiring Guenther or Simmons, I'd probably give them at least a season to see how they do, how they handle the players, how they handle the coordinators, gameplans, clock management, HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS, etc. If they make good decisions and/or show a propensity to learn from their mistakes, I'll probably support them and the team. If they are basically just Mervin Lewis 2.0, then I'll be done with this team.

If Brown hires any one else from our current coaching staff, I'll give you guys an opportunity to convince me to stay but I'm not promising anything other than that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - PhilHos - 10-27-2017, 02:30 PM