Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
(10-27-2017, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Guenther or Simmons are the only candidates worth considering at this point.
If we see the same stuff we saw with Marvin at the helm, I'd be ready to drop them after just one season. They don't get a 3+ year window to change things around given they've already been in the org for a long time. If they were going to change things for the better, we should see results within the first year.

Feel exactly the same way. I'd feel bad, but because they've been here under Merv for awhile, they don't get more than a year from me unless they show they're significantly different than Merv (in a good way).

(10-27-2017, 02:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People complain about Lewis's coaching tree, but there sits Zimmer up in Minny with 5 wins using a 3rd string QB. I'd give Paulie a chance, and I'd give Simmons a chance. Lazor as well, though I admit I am not as familiar with him.....

I might give Lazor a shot depending on how the rest of the season plays out, but frankly, even then, I'm not sure. On the one hand, he's new-ish to the organization, but on the other, I'm not sure he's ready yet to be a HC.

(10-27-2017, 03:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I'd rather Paulie g stay as d coordinator since he seems to have gotten in a rhythm (not including the Steelers game) and would not want to give up our top 5 defense to have someone else take a year learning yet again... as for head coach if they promote from within we will soon be revisiting the 90's

I would not be upset if the new HC kept Guenther as the DC.

(10-27-2017, 03:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Guenther deserves it, but my opinion is that we need an offensive minded coach after all these years of Marvin.

Agreed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - PhilHos - 10-27-2017, 03:26 PM