Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
(10-27-2017, 02:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: People complain about Lewis's coaching tree, but there sits Zimmer up in Minny with 5 wins using a 3rd string QB. I'd give Paulie a chance, and I'd give Simmons a chance. Lazor as well, though I admit I am not as familiar with him.....

The problem with that statement is that Zimmer isn't from Lewis' coaching tree. Zimmer is from the Barry Switzer/Bill Parcells coaching tree. Zimmer was the DC of the #1 overall  (#2 scoring) defense in Dallas in '03 under Parcells.

The Bengals brought him in because the "defensive guru" and his TWO DC choices of Leslie Frazier and Chuck Bresnahan both failed at making a good defense, so they brought Zimmer in. He was already who he was.

Jay Gruden was a product of the Jon Gruden coaching tree, as he was with the Bucs when they won the SB.

Vance Joseph was the DB coach for the Texans under Wade Phillips, when they had the #3 passing defense in both '11 and '13.

- - - - - - - - -

Marvin's actual coaching tree is basically just a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree with Hue Jackson being the only "ornament".

(As for the OP, none, clean house. Burn it all to the ground.)

[Image: pablo-narcos.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - TheLeonardLeap - 10-27-2017, 03:49 PM