Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
(10-27-2017, 04:56 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: 20 something yards in the second half against the steelers?? I don't know if "great" is the right word here. Also, he has been the oc for THREE games and that's enough to make him hc???  :paul:

He's been the OC for 4 games, and we went from 0 TD's in 2 games to averaging 20.5 points under Lazor. That's with the pick 6 against GB taken out. So yes...despite the bad half against the Steelers, we've seen a massive turnaround on offense. Considering that he's dealing with the 31st rated line (according to PFF) and the 31st ranked run game (both in yards and per carry), I'd say that's nothing short of a miracle. 

As for "giving him the job after 4 games as OC", you have to consider that he's also coached elsewhere. Had some success as OC with the Dolphins. Was QB coach when Nick Foles had that ridiculous season for the Eagles. He's shown promise. Sure, he doesn't have a lengthy resume as a coordinator, but neither did Vance Joseph, and that didn't stop him from getting the Broncos job.

Like I said, I want someone from the outside, but I prefer Lazor over one of Merv's lifers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - Shake n Blake - 10-27-2017, 05:08 PM