Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Awful O Line and Mike Brown and Whitworth
(10-27-2017, 09:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll always believe the Bengals tried to play hardball with Whit and it blew up in their face.  I forget the exact comment ? by Marvin maybe ? either right before or in very early free agency, something a out Whit being dinged up perhaps ? They didn't think anybody would want him and they could have their way.

Sad ! to do a damn near Bengal Legend that way but that's how MB rolls, $$$$$$$$ is first priority.

I know Coach Lewis was very upset Mike Brown didn't keep Whitworth.  This is one thing we fans CAN'T blame on Coach Lewis.  If Coach Lewis had his way Whitworth would be here.....When Dave Shula was fired by the Bengals his words on leaving were that Sam Wyche, him and the new head coaches coming will get blamed for Mike Brown.  That Mike Brown really doesn't let these coaches do their jobs. That there is too much Mike Brown in Mike Brown. .....Here we have a case where Coach Lewis wanted Whitworth to be kept on this team, but Mike Brown is Daddy Warbucks calling all the shots.

So one of the best Bengals players ever, with a wife and family, and all Mike Brown willing to offer is a one year contract.....NFL teams lined up to offer Whit a longer contract and Whit choose Rams 3 year contract. The money per year about the same, but Mike Browns disrespect in a one year contract is a slap in the face and a kick to the footballs. It was a cheap move, it was a move of disrespect, and considering Bengals lack of blocking, it was another STUPID Mike Brown move.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Awful O Line and Mike Brown and Whitworth - kevin - 10-27-2017, 09:32 PM