Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Awful O Line and Mike Brown and Whitworth
(10-28-2017, 03:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am responding to points made by color:

1. The Rams offered Whitworth $11 M...the Bengals offered him $10 M...but it wasn't even close? Seems like a $1 M difference to me. As far as the length of contract, what he has done in the past should NOT warrant more in terms of length of contract offered due to Whit's age. One of the biggest gripes we hear around these forums was that ML and MB are too loyal and often hold onto players too long. Or that they play the vets at the expense of the young guys not getting experience. Sorry, but Whitworth is at the age where a season by season contract is perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

2. Zeitler is simply NOT worth the $12M per year that the browns offered. He was part of this O line last year and was partially responsible for that unit being poor also. The browns had stupid money to throw at people...and they did. Evidence is for the money they paid Zeitler, and the whole $16 M for Osweiler and a 2nd round pick fiasco. 

3. Eric Winston s no better than either of the rookie OTs we are currently playing. Go back and look at some of his terrible line play last year. That fact is backed up by the fact that with all the bad O line play in the NFL, no other team has signed him either.

Your assertions that the Bengals are cheap is an old narrative that has been proven false over and over again repeatedly. And your idea that Winston is not being re-signed because he is a player rep is nonsensical.
1.) The Bengals should have franchised him end of story.  
2.) The guy is regarded as a top 5 guard in the NFL he was worth what he got and again the Bengals should have signed him the prior offseason. Even if you believe that Zeitler wasn't worth that money there were clearly better guards out there than we have here in free agency. Why not sign them.
3.) The Bengals aren't cheap? No practice facility-, no ring of honor, and least amount of scouts In the NFL. Yeah they are cheap. I'll give you there not cheap on the roster but they are quite dumb. Is Pacman worth what he gets no, is Kirkpatrick worth what he gets no, is Vincent Rey worth what he gets paid no, is Minter worth what he gets no, and is Laffell worth what he gets No. Maybe if the Bengals didn't overspend on average players they could afford their good players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Awful O Line and Mike Brown and Whitworth - J24 - 10-28-2017, 10:11 PM