Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
(10-28-2017, 10:18 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Shake I like you but you do speak down to people as if you are an authority. I never said anything in reference to how you responded. Tell me what significant changes Paulie has implemented? Don’t try and pretend he has overhauled a great D that was implemented by Zimmer. That would be asinine taking a perennial top 10 D and overhauling it completely. That didn’t happen. If you think Paulie has elevated the D then keep drinking that kool aid. He also had the luxury of getting a good D that still had players reaching their prime!  I didn’t say nor imply he did a bad job he has actually done well. I just don’t see him as head coach material. Damn dude don’t always overreact if you don’t like what you are hearing

I'm sorry you feel that way. I just call it how I see it, and crediting Zimmer for PG's success in 2017 seems silly to me. Zimmer last coached here in 2013. At this rate, we'll be crediting Zimmer for the success of PG's successor. You see what I'm saying? At what point do we stop giving PG's credit to Zimmer? I understood in 2014. In 2017 it just makes you sound like a guy who just doesn't like PG.

The scheme certainly has similarities, but Zim didn't invent the scheme. PG has his own playbook within that scheme and he's the one getting these guys ready and game planning every week. I think it's time to give the guy his due.

And yeah, he's got good players. I'm not sure why we're holding that against him. Any successful coordinator (including the mighty Zim) is going to have good players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - Shake n Blake - 10-29-2017, 01:47 AM