Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
(10-29-2017, 02:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I totally get and respect that take, but I think a lot of people just want as far from Marvin as we can get. That would mean an offensive mind from outside the organization. If we're just looking at the quality of the candidates, there are dozens of more qualified candidates with better resumes than Paul Guenther.

If Guenther gets upset and leaves (I don't think he would but it's possible), so what? We'd be losing him as DC if we hired him as HC anyway. I genuinely hope that this team goes outside if they do fire Marv. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll fire Marv and I do think Guenther is the guy they'll hire if it happens. I'm just tired of lazy internal hires. Like I said, there's so many better candidates out there.

I agree that going outside may be better than Guenther but the topic is between current Bengal coaches.  I just found it crazy Lazor was brought up.  Simmons maybe but Guenther is the best if my only choice is a current staff member.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - phil413 - 10-29-2017, 02:59 AM