Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance?
(10-29-2017, 10:25 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Jay Gruden, Vance Joseph, Mike Zimmer & even Hugh are all associated with Marvin. Outside of Hugh, each of those coaches are potential championship winners.

Paul Gunther is running his own defense & he’s done a fantastic job really.

No he hasn't.
He took Zimmer's defense and hasn't made it any better. In fact, this team has gone 17 straight games without recovering a fumble on defense. That's comical. I also watched his defense fail to show up in the first half of a big game last week. Perhaps if the Bengals were up 14-0 or 14-3, things may have gone different. In that sense, it has been a continuation of Zimmer. His defenses had a tendency to get pushed around in playoff games. He's also failed to maintain any semblance of control over Burfict and Pacman. I could be wrong, but I don't think those penalties happen at the end of the playoff game if Zimmer was there. Those two were under control with the Bengals until 2014 when he left. 

Guenther deserves zero shot to be the head coach. In fact, for all of the people concerned about going back to the 90's with a coaching change, hiring a less qualified individual from within increases the odds of something like that happening (i.e Shula, Coslet, Lebeau). 
“It’s easy for everybody to say to make that change," Lewis said last week. "But ... when that change doesn’t work out, what do you do?"

Marvin Lewis on why he refused to make a change at the kicker position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which promoted Bengals coach do you give a chance? - Madieu Superstar - 10-29-2017, 11:50 AM