Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
(08-17-2015, 05:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: My wife and I did IVF at Walter Reed.  She produced eight ova for our round of IVF.  All eight were fertilized via intracytoplasmic injection.  Four of the eight developed into blastocysts and were transferred to my wife's uterus.  One implanted successfully.  Who should be charged with the premeditated, mass murder of the other seven?

If all eight ova developed into blastocysts and the doctor only selected four to transfer, should my wife be forced to give birth to four more children because of your belief all eight blastocysts are individual humans with individual rights?

If the doctor selected all eight blastocyst and all eight implanted, should a woman be forced to give birth to all eight knowing that multiparity increases mortality? Or should the doctor reduce the number of embryos in utero to increase the chance of survival for the remaining embryos and the mother?  Remember Nadya Sulemon?  Did she do the morally right thing?

What should happen with the embryos not used during IVF?  What should happen with the approximately 400,000 embryos stored in cryopreservation?

The ones that were not successfully implanted died of natural causes, because not all fertilized eggs are able to implant themselves into the womb. The ones that did not develop into blastocyst were due to an irregularity in the sperm or egg which is also normal in nature, and they rarely implant in the womb thus dieing of natural causes.

If she agreed to having that procedure done then yes. If she agreed to it then nothing is being forced on her.

Maybe the doctor should reduce the number of ova that they fertilize, and inject. If something has a health risk to the mother that's an exception.

The doctors should only fertilize the amount of ova that they will be using.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses - Brownshoe - 08-17-2015, 05:35 PM