Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Coach the Bengals - What Strategy Would You Use?
Hmm, if I were in charge? If I couldn't sway the management to make some quality moves, prior to the trade deadline, I would start playing the bench talent. A lot. I mean we know what kind of garbage we have taking up space among the starters, let's see if there is any potential among the up and comers. Why not? This season is pretty much in the tank, anyway.

Aside from that, assuming that I was stuck with assistants like PA for the rest of the season (who you going to get in mid-season?) I would sit down with him and have a heart to heart on blocking technique. I would command him to immediately instruct all OL personnel to go low on run blocking. This business of attempting to "Pass block forward" is not getting them anywhere. Looks more like grown men trying to play patty cake, than it resembles moving your opponent off of the ball. And when it comes to pass blocking? If you get beat, you'd better be diving and rolling through the legs of the man that beat you. I don't care if it draws a foul, our QB doesn't get touched.

For offensive scheming, we go quick tempo. Only the personnel should be sent in from the sideline, every play should be called at the line by Andy, via "check with me". A lot of quick hits to the backs, TEs, and Receivers. However, taking at lease a shot downfield every possession. Running the ball, we just hit the hole called, hard. Using a lead blocker as often as we can.

Defensively, Dennard and WJ3 are starting at CB, the others can rotate in, and play in Nickle. There's nothing wrong with either of those two, that consistent playing time won't fix. They were 1st round picks for a reason. Front seven? Less MJ at RE, for sure. He can continue the role previously played by Gilberry and Fanene before him. Other than that, I'd continue with what we've been doing defensively, and just hope that my Safeties got fully healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You Coach the Bengals - What Strategy Would You Use? - SunsetBengal - 10-30-2017, 11:32 PM