Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White privilege bolstered by teaching math
(10-30-2017, 11:38 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL, So when I speak of right and left posters I am "choosing" to apply labels to people.

You didn't "speak" of them, you specifically counted the number.  I merely asked you to expound on your already admitted labeling.

Quote:What are you doing when you protect the forum from "leftists"?

I don't recall ever making such a statement.  maybe you're exaggerating, either intentionally or otherwise.  maybe you're outright lying, a not unheard of occurence.  Feel free to produce proof of your claim though, I'll be here to respond.

Quote:Something in my posts makes you feel condescended to.

Yes, your blatant condescension.

Quote:You are unable to specify it, but you have to talk about the feeling and charge me with "arrogance."

Chortle, I just quoted a prime example in the post you just responded to.  Is your memory that poor?

Quote:Just for the record: On thread after thread I have responded civilly to baiting posts from you (like the one cited above). When asked to define "liberal democracy" or explain scholarly standards, or whatever, I have done so with care and exactness. And I have answered follow up questions.

Yes, you are quite the scholarly saint.

Quote:In response to my posts, you have called me "duplicitous," a "condescending ass," a plagiarizer and an "ideologue" who cannot be reasoned with, and expressed your "disgust" at my "ilk." I have never responded in kind. When I have politely asked you to leave off the personal abuse, you have taken that as more "condescension" and ramped it up.

I apologized for the plagiarism comment.  Once offered either accept the apology or don't, but stfu about it henceforth.  As to the rest, I'll point out that much of it is true and that which is half true is deliberately misstated by you.  I'll leave the reader to discern which is which.

Quote:I tend to view name calling as talking at people, not to/with them. Not a very effective way of communicating. Most of the model posters you list above probably agree because they never resort to personal abuse.

Probably, but they have more patience with inanity than I do outside of work.  That aside this point by you rather looks like "I know you are but what am I?"

Quote:I have never refused to answer a question or explain a point to you or anyone in this forum or the previous one. But I am going to make an exception in your case. If you want to focus on the topic/substance on the thread I will gladly continue with you. But I am not going back and forth with you about my "condescension" or whatever triggers your anger.

Cool.  I'll just wait around to point out your further condescension.  Remember, your sources are scholars, everyone else's are not.  Your polls are accurate and to be trusted, everyone else's are garbage.  Stay consistent my friends.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White privilege bolstered by teaching math - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-31-2017, 12:12 AM