Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
(10-31-2017, 06:42 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: They way he hyped up Cody Kessler, you'd think he'd have given him more of a shot. Same with Deshone Kizer. Playing musical chairs with your QB's is a terrible way to help them through struggles. Granted, no QB on the Browns is a world beater but he has yet to let any of them really establish a rhythm. 

Plus, Hue's smugness in press conferences and just his overall demeanor just rubs me the wrong way. I don't think he'll ever have success as a head coach. Marv at least helped us win a few division titles and make a few playoff appearances, something I doubt hue will ever do for any team.

However, I'd take him back as OC in a heart beat. 

Could be...I just assumed Hue was only being allowed to have 2nd or lower tier QBs because Sashi was too interested in trading down to acquire 78 5th round picks so Hue amped up the hype machine and started blathering on about how awesome all the crappy QBs he had really were.

When he was in control he went way overboard to get a legit starting QB in Palmer, so it's hard to believe Hue didn't actually want Wentz/Watson/Mahommes but was given McCown, RG3, Osweiller, Kessler, and Kizer and had to make the most of it.  Again I could be wrong, but I bet Hue really wanted at least one of the (so far) very good QBs the Browns passed on in favor of stockpiling picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns wanted McCarron and were close - Nately120 - 10-31-2017, 06:53 PM