Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
(10-31-2017, 09:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Stop it. 
This would have been a great and incredibly rare smart move. 

You aren't going to fleece many teams for a bad player like we almost did to the Browns. 

No team with OL to trade needs McCarron. Buffalo and Houston were the only known OL sellers and they have QBs who are both vastly better than AJM. 

Getting high value picks for AJM is the best possible outcome. Stop thinking about it as players. Think about it as swapping a 5th for a 2nd and 3rd. Because that's what it is. 

Oh and: 
Carlos Dunlap
Jordan Shipley (not holding injuries against him)
Mohamed Sanu
Giovani Bernard

Tyler Kroft looks to be a solid NFL player. Which after the first round, that's a win. 

This team is only going to win if they build through the draft until Mike Brown dies. 
So the best bet is to just get as many picks as possible at the lowest cost. Trading a bad player for picks is a good thing

But again, you're arguing something i'm not. While i'm not sold on the pics helping the Bengals--due to their recent 2 and 3 picks...i think it's a half-assed attempt. Basically, it's "well, let's see what we can get for a guy who doesn't see playing time for us". That is a bullshit way to do things. They have real needs right now. I'd rather see them try and address that, and seen them move McCarron in the off season (last off season) when it makes more sense. I couldn't really care less about future guys. How many times have you seen this board littered with platitudes of new draft picks and how they're going to take the NFL by storm, only to be disappointed when they flop or just 'average' their way out of the league or to another team?

Bengals are an organization that lives on half measures.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns wanted McCarron and were close - rfaulk34 - 10-31-2017, 09:27 PM