Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males
(10-31-2017, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really. If I can show a race is equally represented in a particular field (ie 15% of white males are employed as a conductor and 14% of black males are employed as a conductor, you cannot say it is slanted if Whites make up 75% of conductors). The demographic is represented in proportion. 

The way you would look at it skews the data

I get what you are saying. Though if the comparisons are made between races and compared to overall population, that would be to what I was referring. When looking at your graph, and your explanation in this post, though, I find that it still doesn't further your argument. If we go with the inference that Dino and I are going with, that she was referring to the majority in her department, then the overall industry numbers do not mean anything to that.

To look at the broader picture, though, with regards to implicit biases in hiring practices we also can't use this data to draw much a conclusion. As it does not drill down any deeper into the different types of jobs, levels of jobs, etc. Looking at broad industry data provides little to no insight into this topic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DNC: we don’t want to recruit any cis gendered white males - Belsnickel - 10-31-2017, 10:14 PM