Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
George Cantstandya Wrote:That's why I said unless things change.  The best I know as of now he is still going to be in RFA status unless it gets overturned.

I agree a 2nd round tender is more reasonable. There are a lot of teams in need of a QB. But I can't think of any team willing to give up a first rounder for AJ. However, if his status gets overturned and he gets placed in UFA status then he is free to go and the Bengals get nothing aside from maybe a late round comp pick at best depending on how many free agents the Bengals lose and how many they sign.  That's a complicated formula of its own.  In that case the blown deal with the Browns will look really bad but great for AJ because he didn't end up playing for the Browns. Haha

Maybe so. I think Mac just wants a chance to compete and doesn't care much about where. Whether he realizes it or not though, the Browns aren't a good situation for anyone. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns wanted McCarron and were close - Shake n Blake - 11-01-2017, 01:41 AM