Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
(10-31-2017, 06:03 PM)A10104747 Wrote: The Last two days Cincy had rejected any talks to trade AJ. 30 minutes before the trade deadline they decide they want to talk and see what they could get. Deal reached and turned in 4 minutes late. This is totally on Cincy and just embarrassing. So stupid I can't grasp my head around it.

If you are thinking about trading him, why wait until 3:30 eastern time.. what a ***** joke!!

Apparently at the beginning of the day the Browns reached out to the Bengals and were told an AJ trade was not negotiable.  At some point a 2nd and 3rd 2018 draft choice was thrown out there by the Bengals, at which point the Browns flipped them off.  With little time to spare the Browns caved and were willing to take the deal (and the vasoline).  Unfortunately both sides were left with very little time to get the paperwork in order.  Sounds like the Bengals had it ready and the Browns didn't.

We can say what we want about MB but he is a shrewd business man.  I mean, a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a 5th round pick, C'mon man.  I bet Cleveland is waking up today thinking what were we thinking!

I don't agree this is totally on Cincy.  They fleeced the Browns and had the deal done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns wanted McCarron and were close - Daddy-O - 11-01-2017, 08:36 AM