Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: 6 in 10 Americans too scared to share political views
In my mind discussing politics/religion is less about finding people who agree with your stance on the issues and more about finding someone who agrees on the manner by which discussion is approached/accepted. A lot of people can proudly state their views on something and then become very offended or defensive when you ask why they believe what they believe. It's quite interesting.

I would jokingly relate it to me saying "Oh, I'm a huge Beatles fan and I love them and they're the best" and then getting shocked or offended if someone asked me which of their albums is my favorite, or why I even like them. Personally, I like it when people ask me why I believe what I believe because it gives me a chance to elaborate on my views, as well as practice and refine them. Sometimes you have to hear yourself say something out loud before it really clicks, anyways.

But anyways, it's quite astounding that we can base our entire lives around something we love to divulge but hate to discuss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: 6 in 10 Americans too scared to share political views - Nately120 - 11-01-2017, 11:57 AM