Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals DIDN'T turn down trade, Browns Messed It Up.
(11-01-2017, 11:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Had the deal went through, it still would have done nothing to improve the team NOW.

Meh, it would have been something.  Something to show the Bengals recognize the status quo isn't getting it done.  I don't have all the facts, I may never anyways, and I'm just confirming a preconceived bias but I think Mike Brown asked for too much because he's bolstered by the fact that he can't get fired.

When you are invincible the other side has to really make it worth your while, and whether it fell through because the Browns eventually balked at the price OR were too busy slapping each other on the backs is irrelevant.  We wanted that extra 3rd and it cost us the deal, right?  I get it.  It's business. 

I'll admit I wanted to see what McCarron and Hue could do (might be mildly amusing, if nothing else because the Bengals aren't really lighting my fire this year), and we might have been looking at the #33 overall pick in the draft next year. Those are both more interesting than McCarron sitting on a bench, to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals DIDN'T turn down trade, Browns Messed It Up. - Nately120 - 11-01-2017, 12:01 PM