Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals DIDN'T turn down trade, Browns Messed It Up.
(11-01-2017, 12:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know why people are acting like the Bengals messed up for waiting so long. That's how long it took to get an offer they were willing to accept. It's called shrewd negotiating. Here is our price. It took the Browns until the last minutes to know they had to meet the offer if they wanted him. Sorry, no way is this on the Bengals front office.

I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing this idea that the Browns screwed up, were inept, and somehow celebrated before the trade went through. They knew what they were doing. They have far more experience trading then the Bengals do. They've made over 10 trades the last 2 years. They know how to get one done.

They didn't want to give up that much for McCarron. Hue might have wanted to, but they didn't. Don't give them the inept Browns excuse.

I also am defending my original post as news broke given how much of the story has changed as the evening went on.  Maybe it wasn't accurate, but that was reports coming from paid "journalist" at the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals DIDN'T turn down trade, Browns Messed It Up. - jj22 - 11-01-2017, 12:19 PM