Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
(11-01-2017, 12:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ON my way home from work yesterday, I was listening to the Bengals live 700WLW podcast from the day before and McAlister and Lapham were talking with Hopkins and, OMG, they were giving the OL a HUGE break! Hopkins may not be all that bad (they started off saying that PFF had him as our highest rated OL on Sunday and giving him props), but him and Lap were saying things like each OL could be graded at a 95 but their overall grade would be a 75 and stuff like that and I'm like, who the [expletive deleted] is grading ANY of our individual olinmen a 95? I get that they didn't want to dump on Hopkins especially considering he's not Og, Fisher or Bodine, but still ... c'mon!

To his credit, Hopkins contacted them and asked if he should still come and they said, 'yes' and he still showed up.

Oh and we read way too much into pff ratings.  I don't need to see William Jacksons rating to know he's is having a great year. I watch the games and see it for myself. Does anyone actually watch a player anymore or do we just look at stats that don't necessarily tell the real story.  And what if the QB doesn't make the right move in the pocket yet that will show bad for the lineman.  Again PFF is cool to look at it but its not the be all end all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? ' - bengalsfansince93 - 11-01-2017, 02:50 PM