Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: 6 in 10 Americans too scared to share political views
(11-01-2017, 10:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No it wouldn’t.   Bfine is exactly correct.   Tone would change pretty quickly

No, in a conversation I wouldn't have a problem telling someone they said something racist or homophobic.  Not sure why that's so hard to believe.

I'm basing this on we sat down to have a conversation...not I overhears someone that I wasn't talking with.

(11-01-2017, 10:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's say I agree that you would call me a racist, homophobe, bigot, ect...to my face. Would you be as quick to "call a spade a spade"? Would you be a quick to display the silly face that you do in this forum or would you suggest the anonymity provided in this forum allows you to be a little more liberal in your spade calling?

I might smirk...I might not.  It might take a second or two to find a gif on my phone to show you.

But, again, why wouldn't I tell someone I was having a conversation with that they said something racist?  Heck they might he might even tell me they didn't and we'd talk about it.  Voices might even get raised! <shudder>  As I said, I'd never want to come to blows over it, I'm no fighter.  But I'm not afraid to speak my mind...even in person.

Oddly this has turned (quickly) into someone sounding like they would be intimidating so no one would call a spade a spade.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: 6 in 10 Americans too scared to share political views - GMDino - 11-01-2017, 10:45 PM