Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: 6 in 10 Americans too scared to share political views
(11-01-2017, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't ask you would you tell someone they said something racist or homophobic; I asked you would you be quick to call someone a racist or homophobe.

I take you at your word that you would be just as quick to do so as you do in this forum. 

A lot of verbal gymnastics here.

"quick"?

I'm not sure if you think I have called someone racist or homophobic too "quickly" or not.  Rest assured if I did it was based on more than one sentence/statement.

So "just as quick" doesn't mean what you might think it means.

Like the thread was about originally, some people aren't afraid to share their political beliefs.  Those people shouldn't be afraid that someone might not only disagree but also call them a racist for saying racist things.  That's why I said earlier in the thread that people should stop tiptoeing around what they want to say just because they're afraid of the repercussions.  If someone wants to be a white nationalist then be it.  But don't act surprised when other people say you're a racist.  If someone wants to complain about anything other than straight people getting rights then say it.  But don't act surprised or offended when other people think you're homophobic.   Call me a liberal.  Call me whatever.  I'll state my opinion and argue for it.  If I think someone has labeled me wrong I'll argue that too.  But the constant stream of crap about anyone getting better treatment around here due simply to political views is just that: crap.

I'm pretty sure we're all adults.  Sometimes even adults can be petty and say stupid things.  Sometimes emotions get in the way of logic and discussion.

And sometimes we just have to put on our big boy pants and deal with it.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: 6 in 10 Americans too scared to share political views - GMDino - 11-01-2017, 11:09 PM