Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? '
(11-02-2017, 01:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I guarantee the Browns would give up a first for Dalton if he was just a year or 2 younger. Heck, they still might if there was a chance they could get him and/or the QB prospects this year aren't as compelling as Goff or Wentz or Watson were. Double heck, a lot of teams would probably give a 1st round pick for Dalton.

Depends on the team (I guess that's any trade). I could see a team like the Jags offering their 1st.

The Browns probably would if Hue stays. Dalton just hit the big 3-0, but don't forget that Palmer was 31 when the Raiders coughed up a 1st and 2nd.

I'm sure some other team would love to have a QB that's 20 games over .500 as starter.

(11-02-2017, 01:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is well said and astute.  I would like to elaborate that with an overly tolerant organization such as the Cincinnati Bengals, one would need Superman to win.

Exactly. We would need a QB capable of overcoming Marv and his ultra conservative playoff game plans, and Mike Brown's tendency to let the line fall apart and avoid FA like the plague. This QB also would never have the benefit of the run game carrying the offense. Ever. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McAlister: 'And people think Andy is the problem? ' - Shake n Blake - 11-02-2017, 01:35 PM