Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singer ask White audience members to go To the back of the room
(11-02-2017, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think extremists like this singer are intelligent enough to realize just how counter productive this kind of behavior is.  This kind of stuff turns off far more people than it converts.  Say I was listening to a speaker who was making a solid logical argument about racism and how it continues to affect our society and they capped off their presentation with a blatantly racist display such as this singer engaged in.  To me it would almost completely taint the rest of their otherwise compelling presentation.  

Additionally, this kind of stuff gets eaten up by the far right, as evidenced by the OP article.  It's a huge log on an already well stoked fire.  Like I said, dumb and counter productive, but people like this singer will never understand that.

Well yeah it turns off way more people than it converts because it converts nobody.  Nobody who isn't already in the choir looks at this and says, "awesome".  The choir, who would rather choke on their own vomit than defend a white person, Christian or man, will turn themselves into a pretzel explaining how this is a good thing. I expect a long winded randomly bolded and italicized post to explain it all.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Singer ask White audience members to go To the back of the room - michaelsean - 11-02-2017, 01:40 PM