Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Video - Burfict NFL's 'Villian'
(11-03-2017, 06:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: If Vontaze is the "villain" of the NFL then label the Steelers organization as the f***ing Death Star cause they're full of them. Just tired of the hypocrisy. Tez loves the game of football as do most, to be called out for dirty play while other players/teams (yes, especially the Steelers) don't is complete bs. I can give you a list of a dirty player from most teams today. There are others who don't get away with it I am aware, but Burfict has a laser on his head everywhere he goes. No breathing room whatsoever.

Well said. I love Burfict due to his football mind and his overall play. Never been a fan of the dirty stuff but it's been exaggerated to death. He's had maybe 2-3 plays that were seriously out of line (the ankle twist was one). I don't mind stuff like the ball tap. Nobody gets injured from stuff like that.

I really wish the NFL would at least be consistent, but it's clear that one team is allowed to be "physical" to gain an advantage, but not so much with other teams. The Steelers have always had their own set of rules, and we all know that had Burfict been drafted by the Steelers, everything would be swept under the rug, and hits such as the one made on Antonio Brown would just be deemed "unfortunate" rather than dirty.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: SI Video - Burfict NFL's 'Villian' - Shake n Blake - 11-05-2017, 01:34 AM