Bengals
Zimmer's Vikings
Palmer and Cardinals
Gruden's Redskins
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
(08-18-2015, 12:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: The Cardinals added Woodley, Redding, Peters, Weatherspoon, and Dennard...and that's just their defense. That's not even to mention draft picks like Golden who should contribute immediately. That poor OL you mentioned was bolstered by Mike Iupati and D.J. Humphries. Their receiving corp and running backs may not be flashy, but don't forget this is a playoff team that was led by Drew Stanton for half the year. Oh, and by the way, Carson Palmer > Andy Dalton.

The Rams added a solid QB, the best RB prospect in the draft, along with a handful of OL help as well. They have solid TEs that have actually put it on the field in the NFL unlike everyone in the entire AFCN not named Heath Miller. They snagged Akeem Ayers and Nick Fairley to add to their great front 7. Mark Barron should be better this year than he played in 2014, but they did just lose one of their potential starters at CB for the year which may hurt them. The Rams didn't really lose much at all, they just improved in most of their negative areas.

The 49ers are in for a rough year, I'm not going to try and justify anything there because I don't think much needs to be said about them.

The Seahawks are likely the best team in the NFL right now, I don't feel I need to justify anything for them either.

You bring up guys like Pitta that won't even play this year, and you also ignore losses like McPhee and Torrey Smith. Personally, I think the Ravens will be fine, but we can't pretend their losses didn't happen without them gaining much overall this offseason. Ngata is a phenomenal player, but they do have guys on the roster to rotate in and do work on the line.

The Bengals had a terribly ranked defense last year, and will likely be without Burfict yet again. MJ, Sims, and Hawk are reasonable additions, but Zimmer is still gone and you didn't seem think Ayers and Fairley were a big deal for the Rams, and the Bengals additions are likely an equivalent to theirs. The Bengals offense should be better this season, Eifert and MLJ are going to be nice to have back.

The Browns still don't have a QB and their coaching is still a huge question mark. You can't completely write off the 49ers and act like the Browns are going to automatically be better than them. Kaepernick is still a playmaker though he's not a great QB. They'll win some games even though you have said in other threads that they may not even win 1 game. They will.

You ignore the impact that losing a Hall of Fame coordinator (LeBeau) will have while mentioning the Cardinals DC as this gigantic loss that they won't be able to overcome. Bowles was their DC for what? 1 or 2 years? The Steelers are losing a guy that is the consensus best DC of the past decade. They also lost Keisel, Taylor, Polamalu, and Worilds among others. That defense is going to be pretty rough. Sure, they'll have a great offense, and I find it completely laughable that you claim they'll still be considered a "very good team" even if their defense is as awful as it looks on paper. Offense alone doesn't win you games. The Steelers defense, right now, looks like it's going to be MUCH worse than any of the high-powered offense based teams in recent memory. They couldn't rush the passer this year and have only lost guys on that side of the ball. They reached for a LB this year so I can't see that being a huge impact move. The only thing I can say positive about that defense is that Mike Mitchell SHOULD be better this season than he has been recently.

Again, keep pretending the AFCN is improving and completely ignore everything the NFCW has done positively. It fits you a lot better when you only look at one side of things, so you should probably stop being a douche to me or else I'll keep making you look like a fool by posting the reality of the situation and not your twisted, spin sessions.

You say the Cardinals picked up people like Lamarr Woodley who is a washed up LB who was cut from the RAIDERS before his contract was even over. Peters who hasn't done much in his career, Weathersoon has been injured the last two years and wasn't that big of an impact for the falcons, and Dennard was cut from the team before training camp. Mike Iupati is a good OL that will help their line, but D.J. Humphries is still a rookie and could be a bust. The Cardinals OL still will need help to overcome how horrible it was last year. Losing Todd Bowles will be a much bigger impact than losing LeBeau, because Arizona was a defensive team last year (Ranked 5th in points allowed), and didn't rely on their offense as much. Pittsburgh was the opposite of that. Palmer isn't better than Dalton.

The Rams might have a good TE, but that's their only good weapon on offense. You can't expect a rookie RB to be that great when he might not even play a lot of the season. The Rams will still be a .500 or worse team, because they don't have a good offense, and they still need to add a few weapons to be competitive.

The Seahawks will not be the best team in the NFL next year. Their OL is going to bring them down. Now I'm not saying, and I have never said that they won't be a good team though.

I already said that the Pittsburgh defense will be one of the worst in the league. Thank for for explaining exactly what I mean on them, but their offense will be one of the best in the league. I don't doubt them when they say they will put up at least 30 points a game. Pittsburgh will be able to keep their drives alive for a long time leaving their defense off the field. Like it or not Pittsburgh will be one of the better teams in the league next year, because their offense will be so good.

The Ravens still have one of the best OL, and one of the better RBs in the league. They still have Steve Smith who is a very good WR, and they picked up one of the WR that I was wanting the Bengals to snag in the draft (who may or may not be a bust). Pitta is expected to return during the season, so why wouldn't I count him on their team? With Jimmy Smith back from his foot injury it will help the Ravens weak secondary from last year. Baltimore will still have one of the better defenses in the league again this year (they were 6th in points allowed last year)

The Bengals will finally have Atkins back to full health, and Burfict will return during the season, and even if he doesn't come back to 100% we added some depth in that position. The Bengals secondary was good last year, and will continue to be good this year. With the addition of Sims, MJ, a healthy Atkins the defense will actually be able to cause some pressure to the QB, and stop the run which was our weakness on defense last year. The offense will actually have people that can make plays this year. A.J. Green will be healthy, Marvin Jones will be healthy, and Eifert will be healthy. Even if you want to say that Eifert won't be that big of a factor Green not having to deal with a foot injury like he did all last year, and Marvin Jones who is a legit #2 receiver and great target in the red zone will help us be able to spread the ball around a lot better. The offense will be a night and day difference than what it was last year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - GodFather - 08-16-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - J24 - 08-16-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - Brownshoe - 08-18-2015, 12:53 PM