Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ McCarron- Could He Be Traded In Offseason?
(11-05-2017, 01:54 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Well I bet we can count out resigning him to any kind of deal since he just filed a grievance against us. Such a Bengal like situation, we failed to get any kind of compensation for a player who was clearly worth more to us as a trade then actually on the roster, only to see him walk in free agency without getting jack shit in return........ Oh but that nifty 5th round comp pick we'll get will be nice. I dont think this arbitration is going to go in our favor.

Right now McCarron is a Restricted Free Agent that we can slap a 1st round tender on for 4 million.....or a 2nd round tender on for 3 million....or an original round tender of him picked in round 5 for 2 million.....Since WE KNOW the Browns offered a 2nd round pick, Bengals would be stupid not to put a 2nd round tender on him.  

Now as for this update we are going to get on McCarrons agents and lawyers with the Players Union filing all this legal paperwork appeal to declare his first year on injured list should be changed to make him an unrestricted free agent. All this clause and sub clause and party of the first part party of the second part jazz.  Well, who in the heck knows what these lawyers on both sides will do.  AS FOR NOW, he is a RESTRICTED free agent and Bengals need to slap at least a 2nd round tender on him.  In that way we end up with an extra 2nd round pick.  Considering Cleveland messed up the 2nd and 3rd round picks trade, coming out of it with a 2nd round sounds great to me. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ McCarron- Could He Be Traded In Offseason? - kevin - 11-05-2017, 01:16 PM