Zimmer's Vikings
Palmer and Cardinals
Gruden's Redskins
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins A Playoff Game First?
(08-18-2015, 12:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: yada yada AFCN good stuff

How about this. We make a series of bets (7?) and whoever wins more of them at the end of the season gets to choose a sig for the other for a pre-determined amount of time. A series seems better to me than just a single bet.

For example...

1. SEA/ARI/STL combined have more regular season wins than BAL/PIT/CIN combined
2. SEA plays in the NFC Championship Game
3. PIT scores less than 30 PPG
4. AFCN doesn't send 3 teams to the playoffs
5. AFCN wins 1 or 0 playoff games
6. ARI makes the playoffs
7. STL is > .500

Those are just examples of what we could do based off our arguments (you said STL is a .500 or worse team and that PIT will score 30+ which gave the idea for those)

Let me know what you think.

(08-18-2015, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Strength of schedule means very little if you're using a team's record to determine if they were a "tough" team to beat or not. It's a circular argument to make if you think about it. Bengals played team X . Team X had very few wins. Bengals SoS was weak because of team X. But Team X had so many losses because the Bengals (among other teams) beat them.

The AFCS was not a "garbage can" last year. They had 2 teams with winning records. As did every other division except the NFCW (who had 0 winning teams), the AFCN, and the AFCW (who also had 3 teams with winning records).

So basically, your argument is that the AFCN only sent 3 teams to the playoffs because they played the NFCW. So whichever division plays the NFCW this year will also send 3 teams to the playoffs? Or at least will have 3 teams worthy of the playoffs? And in 2013, the division that played the NFCW sent 3 teams to the playoffs, as well?

Or could it be that in 2014, the teams were really that good? Considering they played MORE than just the NFCW, I'm inclined to believe they were really that good. Now, will they be that good this year? That remains to be seen.

It's the NFCS, not west. The NFCW is SEA/SF/ARI/STL.

The AFCS was absolutely a garbage can. 2 of their teams combined for 5 wins. No other division in the league can say that. 8 wins is the closest combined amount for the 2 bottom teams in any division, and even that is the historically awful NFCS.

The NFCS teams in 2014 clearly weren't the same caliber they were in 2013, so your question about 2013 doesn't make much sense.

The NFCS teams records outside of the division are...

3-6-1
4-6
1-9
2-8

I've never seen anybody ready to jump to the defense for the NFCS, and no, they didn't just look bad because they played us. That division was AWFUL last year, no if's, and's, or but's about it. I don't know why you're going to lengths to try and make that pile seem better than they really were. No, they were THAT bad, just stop trying to defend them. Not one team in the entire division had a positive point differential. They all sucked.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - GodFather - 08-16-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - McC - 08-16-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - J24 - 08-16-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Who Wins A Playoff Game First? - djs7685 - 08-18-2015, 01:31 PM